Given my kitchen endeavours are sometimes hit and miss, I’m always excited when a recipe I create...
3-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse
Love chocolate? Then you need this recipe in your life.
I’m chocolate’s No. 1 fan. So when I finally got around to making (then quickly devouring) this chocolate mousse, I wished I'd made it earlier. It was DELICIOUS! But the best thing? It’s choc-full (yes I went there) of nourishing ingredients, like avocado and cacao powder.
I’ve seen quite a few recipes for healthy chocolate mousse on Instagram and online, but many of them require lots of ingredients and lots steps: eg. “include coconut milk; let it chill for two hours first; track down expensive vanilla paste made from the tears of an angel living on a Himalayan mountaintop”… etc etc.
But this recipe only calls for three basic ingredients – avocado, cacao powder and sweetener – and the other three ingredients (vanilla essence, sea salt and cinnamon) are just for extra awesomeness. Moral of the story? Basic fridge/pantry items = chocolatey goodness.
3-INGREDIENT VEGAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
1 ripe avocado
¼ cup cacao powder
1 tablespoon sweetener (I used rice malt syrup)
¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
A pinch of sea salt
A sprinkle of cinnamon
- Pureé the avocado (in a high-powdered blender, food processor, or by hand with a fork if you’re up for a challenge) until smooth then mix with all other ingredients.
- Put in the fridge to set for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cold, remove mixture from fridge and give it a big stir. All done! Too easy!
- Optional extras: Top with flaked almonds and shredded coconut for extra crunch, or serve with fruit (strawberries are nice) for extra deliciousness.
- Dietary needs: This recipe is vegan, paleo (depending on your view of sweeteners) dairy-free, gluten-free, fructose-free, nut-free and soy-free.
If you give it a go, don’t forget to post it on Instagram and tag me @jenna.westphal and #jennawestphal so I can see it and give you a repost!