Given my kitchen endeavours are sometimes hit and miss, I’m always excited when a recipe I create turns out well. My choc peanut butter slice was one of those recipes – I’ve loved seeing people’s recreations of it on Instagram and it always goes down well when I share it with friends. But hey, anything with the combination of chocolate and peanut butter is pretty amazing no matter what right?!
But I wanted to try a new sweet treat so came up with the below recipe for cherry ripe slice. It ticks all the health boxes – raw, vegan, refined sugar free, dairy-free and gluten-free – but most importantly, it’s a) delicious and b) easy.
Onto the recipe!
RAW CHERRY RIPE SLICE
Makes approx. 16 small pieces
1 cup macadamias nuts
½ cup dates
1 tablespoon protein powder (vanilla or natural)
1 tablespoon water
2 cups of desiccated coconut
1 cup of cherries, de-stoned
8 pitted dates
¼ cup milk of choice (I used coconut)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup coconut oil, melted
100g block dark chocolate (70-80%)
- To make the base, use a food processor to combine the macadamias, dates and protein powder. Once thoroughly combined, stir through the water. Line a small baking tin or plastic container with gladwrap (so the slice comes out easily) and press the base mixture in firmly.
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients and spread over base evenly.
- To do the topping, simply melt the dark chocolate on the stove top over a low heat stirring frequently, then pour over the filling.
- Leave to set in the fridge until hard, then cut into pieces and enjoy!
- It’s best to leave the slice in the fridge until just before serving, otherwise it gets a bit soft. If you know you’ll have to leave it out for longer than 15 minutes before it’s eaten (eg. at a picnic), then place the slice in the freezer for about an hour right before you have to take it out.
- I used fresh cherries –but you could use tinned or frozen ones and it should work out fine.
Well that’s all folks! I hope you enjoy this and if you give this a go, tag me on Instagram @jenna.westphal and #jennawestphal so I can see your delicious creations and give you a repost.