This is the best smoothie you’ll ever make. Big call, I know! But I’m convinced that anyone who gives it a go will fall in love with it as much as I have.
I have one of these for breakfast at least a couple of times every week – it’s delicious, keeps me full all morning and is packed with goodness. The blueberries add a beautiful sweetness and I usually have all the ingredients in my fridge/freezer/pantry. If you prep all the dry ingredients ahead of time (like I describe below), it takes me less than 2 minutes to make every morning, including cleaning up. Easy!
AVOCADO BERRY SMOOTHIE
- ½ small avocado
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ scoop protein powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 cup water
- Mix everything in a blender until done. Enjoy!
- Add ½ a cup of spinach for extra greens.
- Add a teaspoon of nut butter or coconut oil for extra good fats.
- When I make this at home (not taking it in a portable container to work), I sprinkle extra bits on top for more yummy goodness. My favourites are mint leaves, shredded coconut, goji berries, cacao nibs and/or almonds. Seriously good!
- To make this a good pre/post-workout drink – so less fat and more carbs – replace the avocado with half a banana
- I prep the dry ingredients (protein powder, chia seeds, maca powder, cacao powder) in small containers ahead of time, like this in the pic below. It means I don’t have to muck around with getting everything out of pantry and measuring it each morning. When I do this, it’s lightening quick to make (in my Mix & Go blender) and clean up.
Well, that’s it! If you give it a go, leave me a comment or tag me on Instagram @jennafelicity and #jennafelicity so I can see how you went.