This is the best smoothie you’ll ever make. Big call, I know! But I’m convinced that anyone who gives it a go will fall in love with it as much as I have.
I have one for breakfast a few times every week – it’s delicious, keeps me full and is packed with goodness. The blueberries add a beautiful sweetness and I usually have all the ingredients in my fridge/freezer/pantry. If you prep all the dry ingredients ahead of time (like I describe below), it takes me less than 2 minutes to make every morning, including cleaning up, especially when you have an easy make-and-go blender like a Nutribullet.
AVOCADO & BLUEBERRY POWER SMOOTHIE
- ½ medium avocado
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 cup liquid, e.g. water, coconut water, almond milk
- Optional: 1 scoop protein powder
- Mix everything in a blender until done. Enjoy!
- Add ½ a cup of spinach for extra greens.
- Add a teaspoon of nut butter or coconut oil for extra good fats.
- When I make this at home (i.e. not taking it in a portable container to work), I sprinkle extra bits on top for more yummy goodness. My favourites are mint leaves, shredded coconut, goji berries, cacao nibs or almonds. Seriously good!
- To make this a good pre or post-workout drink (i.e. less fat and more carbs), replace the avocado with half a banana.
- I prep the dry ingredients (protein powder, chia seeds, maca powder, cacao powder) in small containers ahead of time, like this in the pic below. It means I don’t have to muck around with getting everything out of pantry and measuring it each morning. When I do this, it’s lightening quick to make and clean up.
That’s a wrap! If you give it a go, leave me a comment or tag me on Instagram @jenna.westphal and #jennawestphal so I can see how you went.